Cosmetic dentistry procedures are growing in popularity almost exponentially. Here at Emerald Coast Family Dentistry in Pensacola, FL, your dentist, Dr. Jennifer Georgiades, and her professional staff offer a wide variety of treatments tuned specifically to patients' needs. Read on to learn which one will best improve your smile and personal outlook!
Know what you like
Cosmetic dentistry is all about feeling confident in how your teeth and gums look. Are you happy with the size, shape, and color of your smile? Do your teeth properly meet together? Do dark fillings mar an otherwise healthy smile?
Elements of style and artistry, along with examination findings and digital imaging, all play significant roles in customizing treatment plans right for your age, facial features, gender, and personal preference. Dr. Georgiades helps her patients choose services that make good sense and great smiles, and she can help you too!
Dark stains, gaps, chips, or something else
Cosmetic dentistry treatments address them all. Here are some examples of the services that Dr. Georgiades uses to correct smile defects:
- Professional teeth whitening: Done in the office or at home, whitening removes years of dark stains from tobacco, food, beverages, medications, and more. Supervised by your cosmetic dentist, this popular service safely brightens tooth enamel by several shades.
- Direct bonding: Dr. Georgiades uses composite resin, a mix of glass and plastic, to fill in enamel defects such as gaps, cracks, pits and more. She adds the material in layers, hardening and polishing each one to a beautifully realistic finish.
- Porcelain veneers: Thin laminates crafted from fine ceramic, veneers disguise substantial defects such as large chips, tobacco stains, gaps, tooth rotations, and more. Bonded with a tooth-colored adhesive, veneers are permanent and durable.
- Porcelain crowns: Also called dental caps, crowns completely cover damaged teeth with realistic and beautiful ceramic. Crowns blend in with surrounding teeth, too, for a natural-looking smile.
- Dental implants: Truly the best of restorative and cosmetic dentistry, implants fill gaps created by the loss of one or more teeth. Surgically placed into the jaw for superior performance and anchorage, titanium implants receive posts and crowns which mimic natural teeth in form and function.
The best in cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can change your life, particularly when you discuss your options with Dr. Jennifer Georgiades at Emerald Coast Family Dentistry. For more information or to arrange a consultation, please call the office at (850) 944-9655.