What your Pensacola, FL, Cosmetic Dentist can offer you.
There's no doubt that people can be embarrassed from their smile. Whether you're on a date or taking a picture, you want to make a good first-time impression. Dr. Jennifer Georgiades, your Pensacola dentist, offers bridges and crowns, which are great cosmetic dentistry solutions
What are bridges?
Bridges are custom-made oral appliances that are split into two categories:
- Fixed partial dentures, such as conventional fixed bridges, cantilever bridges, and resin-bonded bridges, are bonded to existing teeth, dental implants or natural teeth.
- Removable bridges can, obviously, be removed, so that you can clean them
Why would you need bridges?
Dental bridges can fix and hide so much, like:
- Conceal dental gaps
- Restore proper bite
- Restore chewing functions
Crowns, on the other hand, do more to create more appealing teeth. Crowns, also known as caps, can be placed over unattractive teeth.
What can crowns do for you?
Crowns are not only used to hide unattractive teeth but they are also used to reinforce weak teeth, improve chewing and bite function, and can also deal with minor gaps.
- They can hide chips, cracks and discolorations.
- They are also used to cover restorative procedures, like a root canal.
- Crowns are also placed over dislodged fillings.
How do you take care of your crowns and bridges?
Taking care of your crowns and bridges isn't difficult. You need to brush twice a day for at least two minutes of brushing each time and floss before bed. The importance of maintaining a healthy dental regimen is that you will reduce the amount plaque produced by bacteria. This will improve your chances of preventing oral diseases, such as gingivitis.
If you're interested, you should contact Dr. Jennifer Georgiades in Pensacola, FL. Cosmetic dentistry is not just for aesthetic appeal but can restore the function of your teeth as well.