Tooth-colored fillings are an alternative to silver fillings. Here in Pensacola, FL, family dentist, Dr. Jennifer Georgiades, can help you get the healthier and whiter smile you want.
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite resin, are used during dental bonding procedures. The composite is made of plastic resin and a filler of finely ground glass-like particles and is used to fix issues, such as:
- Chips and cracks
- Discolored and stained teeth
- Short teeth
How your doctor preps tooth-colored fillings in Pensacola, FL?
In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your family dentist will apply an etching solution to the surface of your tooth, then the composite resin that matches the color of your teeth is applied and molded to the right shape. The last step consists of the composite being hardened in place with a curing light.
How do you maintain dental health?
Dental bondings don't require special oral care.
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss at least once at day
- Use fluoride-containing products
What are the advantages of tooth-colored fillings?
After your doctor has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural, especially if the tooth being filled is visible while you smile. Some other advantages include:
- The fillings won't cause your teeth to turn a gray tint over time and are safer.
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you can enjoy your meals without having to worry about applying too much pressure on your tooth and breaking, or cracking, it again
- As mentioned before, your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile.
Need a consultation?
For more information about tooth-colored fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call your family dentist, Dr. Jennifer Georgiades at her office located in Pensacola, FL, so don't hesitate to call (850) 944-9655 today!